We all have an internal soundtrack. When things get quiet or boring or overwhelming, our soundtrack starts playing to give our mind a distraction. When we fill our lives with good music that has a Godly message, our soundtrack will lead us closer to God. That is why I have always thought it important to include special music that the girls will want to enjoy. Here are the songs incorporated into Saturday's retreat.
- He Knows My Name by Francesca Battisteli
- Beloved by Jordan Feliz
- You Make Everything Beautiful by Rebecca St. James
- Ave Maria sung by Andrea Bocelli
- Find Your Wings by Mark Harris
- Grace by Laura Story
Here are some other worthy songs that I wanted to share but did not have enough time. One of these days I am going to find a way to do an entire day retreat!
- Every Good Thing by the Afters
- More Beautiful You by Johnny Diaz
- You Are More by Tenth Avenue North
- Everything Glorious by David Crowder Band
- The Words I Would Say by Sidewalk Prophets
- Hello, My Name Is by Matthew West
In addition to music, I included a few videos. Like it or not, our children are growing up in a media saturated society. Like Mother Angelica always strove to do, you need to us the norms of the culture to reach out with God's message. Here are the links to the short videos included in our retreat:
- Modesty Doesn't Mean Frumpy by Colleen Hammond
- 9 Months in the Womb by Pregnancychat.com
- Chloe-A Story of Infertility, Adoption, and God's Love by Moving Works
Any suggestions of what you would include?