Tuesday, March 1, 2016

"10 Things Homeschool Moms Think But Don't Say"

So, the nasty virus got me and I have spent most of my day sleeping.  Not good.  Thankfully, Hubby was able to stay home so that I could actually sleep and get over this bug.  Buddy has been in bed since yesterday morning and has only asked for a bowl of soup twice.  If you have read Farmer Boy, you will understand his usual appetite, he could eat you out of house and home on any given day no matter how he is feeling.  This is a new frontier of him feeling so sick that he actually doesn't eat!  I'm praying he snaps back tomorrow, at least he seems more comfortable and his fever has broken.




After posting last night, I came across this article on my homeschool group's site.  I couldn't believe it!  I have to commend Jessica, the author, for having the guts to say what we are all hiding.

Like practicing NFP, I've been feeling lately that we aren't doing anyone a service by pretending that everything is always perfect at The Academy of St Therese for the Glories of God (Buddy's name for our school) or whatever homeschool land you have set up for yourself.  I've been feeling overwhelmed with actually being home and schooling, but wondered if I just wasn't made of good enough stock that it was getting me down.  I'm glad to see I am not alone.

As homeschooling moms, let's take a pledge to be true to the circumstances, admit our difficulties, and stop beating ourselves up if we aren't doing a Pinterest worthy day every day.  There are pluses and minuses to everything in life.  It's a fallen world, not the garden of Eden, and we mothers are toiling extra hard, even with homeschooling aside.

So if you children were fed, dressed, loved, and learned even one thing today, give yourself a much overdue pat on the back; and remember that whatever you did was more than I managed because I broke he mommy pledge and let myself get sick--lol!

How's your day going?  When the going gets tough, how do you get back on track? 

Thanks for visiting and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment