Thursday, February 26, 2015

Lenten Reads-- My Five Favs

Well, it has been a week since Ash Wednesday. How is your Lent going?  Mine is going too quickly. This first week has flown by, but I am trying not to get discouraged. Lent is a journey, so I keep plodding on and plan to do better each day.  Here is my list of my five favorite reads from Lents past.



Rediscover Catholicism by Matthew Kelly is an awesome book. It will explain some parts of Catholicism that you have misunderstood, forgotten, or taken for granted. All in all it will inspire you to live your faith ever deeper. Best of all, you only need to pay shipping and handling. You can get your copy here.



A Minute in the Church is an apologetics book that is concise and easy to read, however there is a lot to be learned in those short pages. References for the Bible and catechism are provided for deeper study. This Lent, I am reading the sequel.  You can find both here and here.



Scott Hahn is one of my favorite evangelists. I really cannot think of a single work of his that I don't recommend. However, if you are looking for an easy read with a lot of depth, I suggest Rome, Sweet Rome.  It is mostly his conversion story, I guarantee that you will learn more about the Mass in that small book than you probably ever have.  You can get a copy here.





The Confession of St Patrick began my devotion to this beloved saint.  Unlike some other confessions of saints---I've tried three times to read St Augustine's--it is fairly easy to read.  This man did so much more than drive out snakes and pick shamrock.  The e-version is available here.





Five Habits from Carmelite Saints that will Change Your Life is another must read. Connie Rossini blogs at Contemplative Homeschool. She is a lover of all things Carmelite and it shows.  This book will change your life. I think I need to read it again. You can download the e-version here.

Do you have any books to recommend?  Have a blessed week.

Linking up with Call Her Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment