Monday, August 18, 2014

One Sister Can Change the World

At the heart of my blogging is the hope to inspire others to pursue the religious life.  I prayed and thought deeply for years about joining a religious order and living the consecrated life.  In fact, for 95% of our engagement, my husband and I spent time considering and praying for vocations. We both felt that we might have been called for religious vocations and did not want to marry until we were sure that marriage and children was our God ordained vocation.  I have children that I want to lead deeper to the faith, but also that I want to open up the door to possibly serve as a priest, nun, deacon, etc.  It has been difficult to find any resources to help in teaching about the vast opportunities for girls in vocations.  I began Veils and Vocations as a means to explore that very topic and bring the resources I did find to other mothers, like me, who were searching for them.

Enter the Imagine Sisters Movement!

This is exactly what I have been looking for and am so excited to share.  Imagine Sisters is a group whose aim is to introduce the possibility of religious vocations to girls, answer questions, make connections, and open doors. It is not just for those in religious life, nor only young women discerning the call, it is for everyone.  Without religious vocations, where will our church be?  If you think one consecrated woman cannot change the world, consider the impact that Mother Teresa had not just on our church but on the entire world stage.  Not every sister is called to such a great task but many are called and do not have the resources to discern their vocations.  I hope to get involved with the movement and I look forward to sharing more from them, however, right now I am pleading on their behalf for some help.  The Pope has declared 2015 the Year of Consecrated Life ( I did not know that until I  visited their site, but by am I pumped!) and so Imagine Sisters is trying to raise the funds they need to get their resources out to all who are interested.  Please consider giving even just a few dollars--you never know who will be touched, it just may be that one sister who changes the world!

Here is the link to their donation page, please view the video and prayerfully give even if all you have to give is prayer!  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment